Friday, February 26, 2010

First run

Today, I continued with some wiring on my layout to the point that I was able to run the first loco for a few meters. I used the one with the shortest wheel base to find any spots where the power pick up isn't great, and I did find a few places where it's not too reliable yet, so more feeder wires to be soldered on still. This is the ideal moment to do so, as later when track is painted and ballasted it is a lot trickier.
On the picture, my Proto 2000 North Eastern SW1200 locomotive is heading straight for the camera lens...

1 comment:

  1. T J, what roadbed are you using there? I'm trying to start (!) the boards for my little shelf layout..... The theoretical geographical location for which keeps wandering between the Pacific NorthWest, and Montana... Aaahhh! The MRL.... :-)

    Enough now! -Rob (North Wales)

    ReplyDelete