Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Great modeling

One of my favorite railroads is the Southern Pacific. One of my interests in the modeling hobby is to detail diesel locomotives , including paint and weather them etc. So if the two can be combined, all the better. Now I am under no illusions. There are many modelers that are much more skilled than I am, and one of the best I've seen so far (if not THE BEST) is US based modeler Elizabeth Allen. I like to not only admire their (and her) handy work, but also to learn from them, and in such a way increase my own skills.
What she can do to turn a model train, into a miniature replica of the real thing is amazing. Here a picture of a real loco, with one of her models next to it for comparison. The level of detail and weathering is incredibly realistic. The longer I look, the more details I find, particularly under the frame!
 Hats of and a deep bow of respect to Elizabeth Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment