Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My latest trackplan revisions

Here's my latest track-plan revision. As mentioned previously, I couldn't fit the Davis station in without too many compromises. So I cancelled that part, and then pondered for a while what to do with the area. I've now decided that this area will be freelanced, such that I retain some operational interest and purpose, as well as keeping the general feel for the area in which the SP and the CFNR operate(d).  I've changed the right hand side such that I've brought the backdrop fwd towards the edge of the layout, and using some background warehouses (packing facilities), created multiple car spot locations. Using some scenery divide (depicted here by some trees) the main continues along the fwd edge of the layout. Behind the backdrop, there's not enough room for multiple track staging, but the single track remaining can function as such, or as an 'invisible' run around track to make the journey / return times longer.
On the left side, I've corrected my track-plan to more accurately show how the track is currently laid. Just out of view below and behind the CFNR loco-shop, is a small 3 track classification yard/visible staging, and the main continues around the room and connects on the other side, so that I have created the 'dreaded (?)' loop around. This is to be able to just sit and watch a train run, help me set up locomotive decoders (speed curves and top speeds etc) and properly run their gears in , and to please my son who wants to be able to run his train around&around, and asked me time and time again when I would go and expand the layout...


2 comments: