Sunday, June 5, 2011

My son's first

Today I visited the Exeter modelrailroad show, more on that in a separate blog soon. However, I was able to 'corrupt' my son to buy a train. :-) Actually, I didn't need to do much, he just enjoyed watching all the layouts and trains running, and then said he wanted one of his own. Now most items for sale were british outline, but one vendor had some US HO scale locomotives too. So all I needed to do was to convince him to go American too, so that he could run his train on daddy's layout. :-) And so it happened that we left the show with a Bachman Spectrum  GP30, of the Nickle Plate road. We couldn't afford buying any of the more modern power that would have suited the layout better, but hey, it's a small concession to make.
I've also donated all my older rolling stock to him, so he now has a complete train, fitting the engine nicely.
It is DC only at the moment, so I'll have to convert it to DCC at some point so that he can run it together with mine, but it was fun. Here is a quick pic, made with my mobile phone to show you his pride, pulling his string of older freight cars. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment