Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New year!

This year has almost 'flown' by. It seemed to go really fast.
Looking back I haven't progressed with any of my modeling projects as far as I wanted. Nevermind, there's always next year I guess. It was never meant to be a speed contest.
A couple things train related I've done over the past week or two:
- I bought a couple of books, two titles by Brian Solomon ( 'Southern Pacific Railroad', and 'Railroad Signaling'), and one by Lance Mindheim, who has just released his newest book (and which I ordered) 'How to operate a modern switching layout'.
- I've fine tuned a few DCC parameters on my sound equiped locomotives (and brought their volumes down, at home it get's a little too loud, in a club setting it can be 'crancked up' to max).
- Did a little bit of scenery work, and I do mean a little bit. :-)
- I've finally masked of my SD9, and have sprayed on the first layer of green paint. Another small step towards transforming this loco into CFNR no 203.
- I have also designed a set of module boards to use from time to time on our modular layout. These boards will be build to the newly published recommended specs by the NMRA-BR . (see: http://www.nmrabr.org.uk/member-news/139-nmra-modules-draft-approved)

so all in all I still managed to do a little more in the past weeks than I anticipated. I hope to keep the momentum going to a certain extend. I really want to get going with my SP woodchip gondolas, that hasn't progressed since I made the sides.

A happy and healthy New Year to all!


2 comments:

  1. Hi TJ,

    Is that spec only available to members? Could you send me a copy?

    Thanks,

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through their site it's for members only, but I can send you a copy, if you provide me an e-mail address.

    Cheers!

    T J

    ReplyDelete