Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Too much going on

Sometimes I feel like I have too much going on at once, too many projects, locos, layout aspects, caboose, and now my newest distraction, building a SP G-100-17 woodchip gondola, 3 of them.... No wonder I never manage to complete something in the time I want. There is a bit of method to the madness though. I had plans (and already bought some parts) to build an SP C50-9 caboose, but having never scratchbuild a car before, I thought I start with something simpler, just to get used to it, and gain some skills. So a woodchip gondola, of which there were 1000's on the SP system at one point, and are still around today, would be a nice start. Here's a picture of the prototype:
 
And here is a picture of the 3 sets of car sides, simple styrene rectangles. Now comes the task of adding all the visible braces, at which point they will start to resemble more than just bits of plastic.... 
To be continued. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment