Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A rethink UPDATED

I may have mentioned before, that among my long list of projects, hides a GP35, that I have been planning to detail and paint at some stage, into a Union Pacific loco, marked and numbered as yard switcher, but recently, I've seen a couple of GP35 pictures, in Southern Pacific scarlet and grey, and considering the era I'm roughly placing my layout in, I've been thinking perhaps I should reconsider and make this an SP unit instead. Besides, SP units usually have a lot more details to add, stuff on the cab roofs etc which makes for a more interesting model/project, so I'm leaning towards that.
Anyone care to vote UP or SP? :-)
Update: To make it a bit easier, here are some pics of a UP unit, and an SP unit, to make the vote easier :-)





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your vote! Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult choice... I usually like yellow machines (civil ones, of course), even now I am wearing an yellow T-shirt (though I'm not a cab) (yet!)... but also that red winged logo on the SP machine looks very well. I go for SP grey, thinking that small scale locos look a little bit realistic on grey, rather than yellow.
    I hope that my vote comes too late, I don't want to be responsible in any way :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Cristake, I have not started on this project yet, I'm just trying to get help making up my mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete