Monday, May 23, 2011

A busy month

May has been a busy month, in the sense that I had little time for model railroading and even posting news.
It also has to be said that there isn't that much news from manufacturers to mention at this time. Things could change again soon of course. I'm traveling for work at present which doesn't make it any easier, still I've done a little bit.
I have taken a small project along, making some preparations for my GP35 project. I've taken along some Cannon&Company diesel detail parts and a loco shell. I plan on replacing the cab on this loco (made by Bachmann) , as the original has front windows that are too big, they are a bit too tall and it's very obvious when viewed next to similar models from other manufacturers.
Lastly, I've been researching DCC systems once again, as I still want to replace my current DCC set up with one made by the leading manufacturers.
Again, I've come to the conclusion that a system made by Lenz would be most suitable. A: due to it's reasonably small physical size, B: due to the fact that my local club uses Lenz too, so I could bring along a throttle to the meets, and C: the fact that I could get a system to a discounted price as an NMRA member. I do not have the finances together just yet, but I'm working on that :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment