Thursday, February 24, 2011

CFNR engine shop

I've got a little further with my engine shop. The walls from my mockup, have been used to strengthen the 'real' walls of this structure, and now have the 4 walls standing. I'm now working on the roof construction, and looking into making the doors.
In this picture, another project can be seen, a Southern Pacific SD9 is parked outside the shop, ready to go in and be painted in CFNR colors. The real CFNR also had 2 ex SP SD9 locomotives on their roster in their first 4 years of operation, which were repainted in CFNR colors.. After they acquired sufficient GP15-1s the SD9's left the system. (they had 4 in total). Oh and as for the tracks on my layout, I was able to move them slightly closer to the front edge so that the structure fits (I also replaced one right hand no 4 turnout with a Wye, making the track work flow much smoother).




No comments:

Post a Comment