Saturday, June 26, 2010

Airbrushing my CF7

Here's a picture of the CF7 in my garden. It was nice weather so I decided to take the airbrush etc outside, I couldn't get a better ventilated place :-) I've used Tamiya paint which doesn't give off too much of fumes anyway, but it's always better. Here it is after 3 coats of white. I had a very weak mix here so it didn't cover  straight away, so it is going to get another few coats of a stronger mix to make sure the white is covered well. Then I'll be masking of areas that are to remain white, followed by a few coats of the next colour.

2 comments:

  1. For which Railroad are you painting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm painting it in Illinois Rail Net colours, but apply my own freelance roadname (North Eastern Railroad). I can do that as so many CF7's are now serving for small private companies all over the US :-)

    ReplyDelete