Thursday, May 20, 2010

Next steps

Now that I managed to get 3 loco's working properly in DCC mode, I am shifting my focus back a bit to working on the layout.  I've continued marking out several important scenery details (e.g. position of buildings, roads etc. ) and will try to get a base coat of earth coloured latex paint onto the surface. This should transform the layout into a layout that is more than a few pieces of foam board with track spiked onto it. As soon as the latex paint is dry I will continue putting the base ground cover down in places where I can (but first painting the tracks).  
If the above sounds familiar, then that is because I really like the way Pelle Soeborg constructs and approaches building his layouts. You may know him from his books, articles in Model Railroader magazine, or even in person during clinics at NMRA conventions etc.   If you are not familiar with his work, check out his website, which can be found by clicking here. Here's a taster pic, borrowed from his site. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment