Monday, May 24, 2010

Airbrush compressor connections

I had a nice surprise this weekend when my parents surprised me by giving me a new airbrush compressor. (as pictured). I have had an airbrush for years but I didn't have a compressor for a while.
The airbrush is a bit older (a Devillbis Aerograph Sprite) and has what I believe to be a NPT thread connection.  The compressor has a more common 1/8"BSP connection. The diameter is pretty much the same, but the thread is a bit different. (the NPT is a bit finer than the BSP thread). Therefore the two don't fit and now the search is on to find an adapter piece, or an adapter hose to be able to use this airbrush with this compressor. I have not yet found the item I need, but when I do I will report on it, so that it may help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment