Friday, March 5, 2010

Station Road Baseboards.

I thought just to write something personal here. As I mentioned in an added comment earlier in the week, I ordered some plasticard (sheet styrene for US readers) from Station Road Baseboards in Norfolk UK.
The sheets I ordered were 0.5mm x 325mm x 440 mm in size. These sell for 0.72 pence each (approx $1.05 each) . The sheets arrived today and are of very good quality, and were shipped promptly. I can therefore recommend this company, for quality, speed of dispatch and the very good price of the plastic. (You'd pay a lot more for this for one of the well known brands).  Of course this is smooth plastic, cards with a pattern etc are not available from here (yet?) so you'll have to go to your usual sources for that, but this is great for making templates, trial models, or as a base for a model that will be covered with another layer. Also check out the products they offer for the construction of modules etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment