Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Interior details

I wanted to add some interest to the warehouse I'm building so I decided to model the building with one of it's 3 freight doors open. I then needed some interior details, but wanted to make sure that it appears that the building is quite large and has lots of storage, after all, it is a warehouse.

I decided to surf the web to find a suitable picture, that I scaled down and printed out. I glued the picture on a piece of scrap styrene and glued this a short distance behind the door opening.
To further create the illusion of depth, I will add some 3D details in front of the picture, and of course the door frames etc still need to be added too.
The overall effect is already quite good, so it gives me hope that the end result will look convincing.


No comments:

Post a Comment