Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Woodland Scenics/Noch scenic sprayer

I got to the stage where I started to apply a base scenery to one of the module boards. When I bought the scenery material (Woodland scenics blended turf , earth T60, also marketed in europe by Noch), I also bought a small sprayer bottle.  It is much smaller than your average spray bottle you'd get for misting plants etc, but I thought that might be handy working on a layout. The bottle could easily be placed on a part of the layout where scenery is not present , or not easily damaged (road surface) while working on another section.
I am however immensely disappointed by it's performance. In stead of a nice fine mist to wet the area, it sprays relatively course droplets, which impact the just 'sprinkled' ground foam and creates craters and splashes, disturbing the way the scenery was put down before glue is applied. This thing being marketed as a 'scenic sprayer', I thought it would be well designed, but instead you get a small bottle with much too course action to be any good at all for this work. I'm back to my plant sprayer, which produces a nice fine, almost fog, and these droplets are not disturbing the surface at all.

Get yourself a plant sprayer, or even two, from the pound shop, and leave this expensive and much smaller scenic sprayer bottle where it is, spend the difference on scenery foam or whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment