Monday, May 28, 2012

Apekunny Mountain

Hi all, it's been quiet on the blog. Partly due to work, partly due to the glorious weather we've been having lately, so I spend more time doing outdoors stuff, rather than modeling work. However I thought to quickly announce another project of mine.
Via a Yahoo model railroad 'exchange' market, I've obtained a HO model of a Great Northern observation car. It needs a lot of tlc, but it has the needed streamlined tail end, and is of the same series as the CFNR business car Apekunny Mountain. It is that car, that I want to model. As a taster, here is the CFNR car prototype.    My model still has the streamline skirting, it doesn't have the rooflight, and the window arrangement is different, so I will  need to scratchbuild / kitbash a lot of things. Also the trucks aren't that great, but they'll do until I find suitable replacements.  Stay tuned, but forgive me if I go and sit in the garden with a nice cold beer for a while, this could just be the only bit of summer we'll have this year...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I'm more of a realist, the last couple of summers weren't all that great, with better weather in spring. I'm starting to think that the seasons have shifted in relation to our calendar. (and with the earth's magnetic field being unstable and shifting all over the place, who knows what's next...).

    Anyway, enjoying while I can :-)

    ReplyDelete