Friday, February 6, 2015

Building a laserkit structure

One of the (too) many projects I've got going on at this moment is the construction of a laser kit wood crafstman structure. It is Grantham's by JL Innovative Designs.

I am building some structures for a module board I have, and it ties in nicely with a modeling challenge I'm participating in.

Here's a picture:

I have to say that the construction of a wood kit is not much more difficult than a plastic one. It just requires some different tools and glues.

Also painting is different in that wood , being a natural product could warp if you use a water based paint. Solvent based works best. Once you know this, no problems.

Here's the structure as it is currently, still a lot to do, but the deadline for the challenge is in a few weeks, so I should be able to complete it relatively comfortably.



No comments:

Post a Comment