Thursday, October 10, 2013

And we're off

Strike the iron while it's hot is what they say, so I went and bought 3 pieces of flex track, managed to get hold of a pack of extruded foam board (it's getting harder and harder to find nowadays, not good news I feel), and cut two of them to size of 3ft x 18" , in total giving me 6 feet to play with.
I had initially thought of trying to go for half that, but looking at it, that would just be too small for what I want to do.
I'm trying to make a trackplan for a switching layout, that I can use as a stand alone, but also eventually use at meets and join up with other modules.
While I've been trying to sketch all sorts of configurations, I find that using the actual boards, and move about with track and templates a bit , gives me a much better feel for the size and available space, and works better for my imagination :-)

So here's first evidence that things are moving on.


No comments:

Post a Comment