Thursday, April 11, 2013

Athearn Genesis GP38-2 Southern Pacific

Finally, after a long time, I've got something to share with you again.
I've received my two Athearn Genesis GP38-2 locomotives, Southern Pacific of course. It was a long wait, but worth it. These locos look the part.
They don't yet sound the part, as I have ordered the non sound DCC ready versions, so I can put my decoder of choice inside, rather than getting a limited version of a Tsunami decoder, which they would come with from factory. In the process, I can also spread the cost, and take my time.

I'm very happy with the level of detail, but of course, being SP locomotives, just like my other SP power, they're crying out for some weathering. I really should try and make a start with that soon. SP and clean is a contradiction in terms :-)

Here's a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment