Monday, December 13, 2010

Switchlist Generator for Mac OSX

If you like switching, or need a way to generate switch lists for your layout, have a look at Switchlist
This little program runs natively on the Mac, although it requires Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard as a minimum.
Those running older versions of OSX (like myself) can't use it, although my wife has a Mac book that runs Leopard, so when she's not looking I'll install it on there.
Be quick to download this little app, as I am not sure how much longer the website will be live. I believe that Apple plans to drop support to their older website hosting systems, and it appears that this is one is hosted as such, I could be wrong though.  Anyway, give it a shot!

UPDATE: THE SITE MENTIONED ABOVE WILL REMAIN ACTIVE, see the comment to this post by the author of the program!.

2 comments:

  1. SwitchList and its website will be around for a long time. Apple discontinued the old way it stored photo albums on Mac.com, but the SwitchList site and all my railroad web pages at homepage.mac.com/rbowdidge/railroad will still work.

    SwitchList is a pretty new to the world. Although I've used it for my own layout for the last several years, I only released it publicly in October. I released it hoping others would find it useful, so please try it out and let me know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: SwitchList is now available at:

    http://www.vasonabranch.com/railroad/switchlist.html

    If you're a Mac programmer and interested in modifying or contributing to SwitchList, you'll find the source code here:

    http://code.google.com/p/switchlist/

    ReplyDelete