Wednesday, March 18, 2015

CFNR SD9

As you know I also model the California Northern.
I'm always on the lookout for models, and now found one online. I have another SD9 myself that I need to repaint and detail in similar colours, but here is no 202.  Painted and detailed by Sean Bartlett.

The CFNR had 4 of these, two were ex Southern Pacific (numbers 202 and 203), and two were ex DM&IR (numbers 200 and 201). The SP's are recognised by the remnants of their light packages, while the others can be recognised by the remaining nose bell, and smaller fuel tanks.
They left the CFNR roster by the end of 1997 after they were no longer needed due to a downturn in traffic from Willits (Lumber) and the closure of a pipe manufacturing plant. At least two still survive, but were repainted, and had their short hoods replaced by low noses, working for an industrial customer.  The fate of the others is unknown to me at this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment