Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

Hello all, I hope you've had a good christmas and wish you a very happy new year.

This new year has started fairly good on the hobby side of things for me.
I've replaced a series of turnouts on my home layout to improve the looks and the performance of the trains.
A mix of Peco and Shinohara was replaced by Code 83 Peco turnouts in US outline, while previously there were European style there too.

Secondly I've been working on one of my locomotive projects , a commuter GP9. I've detailed the shell and have now airbrushed it with a light grey primer. I'm hoping that I can continue painting this weekend.
Here's a picture of it so far:


Another thing I've done is add two more links in the useful links section on the right. One is Clevermodels, which is a site where you can order and download cardstock models and building textures, and the other is a similar website with many freely downloadable textures to print on photo paper etc, also useful for scratchbuilding various buildings. You find this under 'textures for photo modeling'.

Hopefully this is useful for you.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment