Thursday, January 5, 2012

Layout progress, the loco shop.

Hi all, here's a little progress on the layout. 
This time it's the CFNR locomotive servicing building located at American Canyon/Napa Junction , CA, an old SP location, and I'm modelling the first years of the CFNR, when SP equipment was still abound.
My model is slightly compressed 'length wise' to fit in the scene. The track at the foreground doesn't exist in real life either, it leads to a scrap dealer, that in reality is located on the other (southwest) side of the yard, but I put it here for added interest and space constraints (you can see that my backdrop is my roof and slopes, leaving little roon towards the rear). I also have to admit that to my knowledge the actual locoshop didn't exist in the first few years, I'm not actually sure when it did get constructed, but I like it, so that's why I model it, and bend reality a bit more. :-)
Also visible is a tiny bit of 'bleed' on the green accent stripe, but I will patch that up soon.

Napa Jct CFNR loco shop.jpg


The shop still needs detailing, roof lighters and exhausts vent pipes, drain pipes, spot lights on outside walls, elec meter boxes etc.
I've also just assembled a Walthers kit of an EMD 567 engine, which is just visible outside of the shop. I thought it's a nice detail. I am not sure if I leave it there, or that I will open up an old engine and put it inside that, with plenty of oil leaking , and other weathering. We'll see. Plenty other things to do first.

CFNR loco shop banner paint..jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment